Ans: Important points related to construction of feeding post:
1) Each feeder has two conductors one insulated for 25 kV (connected to busbar) and other for 3 kV (connected to track for return current).
2) Located as near as possible to substation with maximum distance being 2 km.
3) Feeders connected to two sets of bus-bars which are used to maintain supply to OHE in case of failure of one of them or when under maintenance.
4) The 25 kV CB are controlled from remote control center of railway.
5) The interrupters which are remotely controlled are supposed to operate only under normal current as they are not provided with protection for the same.