Ans: Characteristics of Efficient Maintenance:
1) Planning of schedule.
2) Investigation of failures.
3) Repair facilities such as adequate staff, shed, plant and machinery.
4) Staff training facility such as training school, instruction manuals etc.
5) Proper inventory/optimum stocks of regular and emergency maintenance spares.
6) Good design and drawing office for the preparation of detailed working drawings and specifications for maintenance spares.
7) Inspection of stores purchased according to working drawings and specifications.