Ans: Strengths of LIM propelled railway traction:
1) Pull produced for propelling the system is independent of adhesion between the wheels of motorized coach and rail.
2) No driving wheels and hence no associated adhesion problem. This feature permits negotiation of steeper gradients.
3) Two wheels fixed to an axle can rotate independent of each other and hence curve negotiating property improves.
4) System does not require gears therefore reduction in the associated noise level and cost of maintenance.
5) Floor height above the rail level is substantially reduced. This results in reduction in the height of bridges, diameter of tunnels along the route.
6) Avoidance of rotation of parts leads to low mechanical losses. Useful for high speed levitation trains due to absence of gears and adhesion.