Ans: End on generation: Scheme of providing diesel AC generator car at either end of train is end on generation. In this system electric power to the train is supplied from diesel generating set at 400V, 3 phase, 50Hz, ac.
• Coaches are provided with through wiring for transmitting 400V, 3phase supply from end to end.
• 5KVA transformers are used for light and fan at 110V ac.
• Heating , cooling loads in the pantry car are provided with 415/230 V ac.
• Fluorescent lighting is used
• fans with shaded pole motor are used
• for improvement of PF static capacitors in generator car are used.
Advantages of End on Generation
•Almost 100% reliability.
• Use of fluorescent lighting improves illumination
• AC fans require no maintenance
• System is theft proof.
• Economical in capital and running cost for 16 or more coaches.
• Weight of equipment in coaches reduced hence additional coaches can be used.
• More amenities to the passengers of deluxe trains can be provided.