Welcome to electrical and electronics engineering Q&A site...

Welcome to electrical and electronics engineering discussion website, Please login or register to continue.

Join our WhatsApp group

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel

13 views
by
With neat diagram explain working of NPN transistor.

Amazon Shopping

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
by

A transistor is formed of two p-n junctions. For unbiased p-n junctions, the depletion regions are formed. The depletion regions formed at the B-E and C-B junctions of n-p-n transistor. 

image

Working Principle: When the n-p-n transistor is biased, as shown in fig.(b), such that the emitter-base junction is forward biased and collector-base junction is reverse biased, the minority and majority carriers are set into the motion. The majority carriers electrons from n-region enters into p-region and holes from p-region enters into n region. Since the base is lightly doped than the emitter, almost all the current flowing across the B-E junction consists of electrons entering the base from the emitter. Hence the electrons are the majority carriers in n-p-n transistor. Some of the electrons entering into the base region do not reach the collector region. Instead they flow out of the base terminal via the base connection as shown in fig.(c) due to recombination. As the base region is very thin and lightly doped, there are very few holes available in the base region for recombination. Hence about 2% electrons will flow out of base due to recombination. The remaining 98% electrons cross the reverse biased collector-base junction to constitute the collector current. They cross the collector region and collected by the supply Vcc. The emitter current is thus equal to the sum of the base current and collector current. = + c

Amazon Shopping

Welcome to Q&A site for electrical and electronics engineering discussion for diploma, B.E./B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech, & PhD study.
If you have a new question please ask in English.
If you want to help this community answer these questions.

Categories

Most popular tags

power motor dc circuit transformer voltage current used system phase factor resistance load synchronous energy ac induction generator electric series frequency capacitor use speed between electrical meter line type mosfet control transmission difference magnetic plant high single instrument bjt source advantages function diode machine unit winding torque amplifier define supply thyristor motors arduino field shunt maximum relay armature problem electricity time parallel on transformers types coil diagram state flow value material three starting and direction theorem method emf operating digital microprocessor test instruments efficiency ratio loss measure operation connected low applications wave effect single-phase working losses different network wattmeter temperature measuring constant signal controlled breaker device full compare drive wire resistivity logic materials machines inductance switch flux disadvantages converter transistor gain protection scr angle force core measurement number free principle rc generators law negative bridge friction open pole conductor conservation steam iron loop resistors hysteresis short computer using lines secondary station battery rectifier inverter linear relays nuclear regulation circuits design analog work rotor electronics gate forces diesel damping rlc connection factors capacitors minimum insulation basic moving running reactance systems air fault range direct main stability quality starter igbt eddy ideal ammeter rl 3-phase plants arc induced thermal error fuzzy biasing dielectric pressure balanced superposition errors rotation characteristics feedback measured electronic start alternator off back curve over solar three-phase tariff locomotive peak bias zener capacitance commutator surge rating universal potentiometer permanent mechanical copper self transducer capacity electrons memory adc excitation inductive transfer explain fuse pure harmonics application inductor internal pmmc average reaction welding resonance traction breakers designed electromagnetic si generation brushes density switching shaded rate impedance distribution methods star oscillator reluctance semiconductor simplification algebra 8085 boolean weston dynamometer insulating strength installation permeability definition fuel heating earth units neutral rms rated engineering conductors coefficient controller usually reverse excited analysis change body components
...