Errors in Induction Type Energy Meter with their Compensation:
1) Error due to friction: This error can be compensated by the additional shading band provided on the shunt electromagnet.
2) Phase or low p.f. error:To overcome this error the shading band is provided on the central limb of the shunt electromagnet.
3) Error due to temperature variation: The effects of temperature changes on the driving and braking system tend to balance each other, hence no need of compensation.
4) Error due to variation of frequency: The frequency should be kept constant.
5) Creeping error: This error can be compensated by providing two small holes on the disc diametrically opposite side.When the hole comes under the pole of a shunt magnet,the disc stops running.
6) Error in Registration: This error can be compensated by adjusting the braking magnet or changing registering system.
7) Speed error: This error can be compensated by readjusting the compensating mechanism.
8) Overload error: This error can be compensated by providing a ‘flux diverter’ to the current magnet.