1. Moving element: a small piece of soft iron in the form of a vane or rod.
2. In Attracted type a cylindrical coil or solenoid which is kept fixed. An oval-shaped soft-iron piece are used
3. Control torque is provided by spring or weight (gravity).
4. Damping torque the damping device consisting of an air chamber and a moving vane attached to the instrument spindle.
5. Deflecting torque produces a movement on an aluminum pointer over a graduated scale.
6. The electrical quantity which is to be measure is provided to the input of meter coil so, that current will circulate through the meter coil
7. The current to be measured is flowing in the coil, produces a magnetic field. Iron piece gets attracted towards center of the magnetic field and pointer deflects on the scale.
8. The scale is non-linear. Mirror is provided to avoid parallax error.
9. When = the pointer will be stable & we can get correct reading of the electrical quantity