Advantages of nuclear power station :-
1) Fuel required: Fuel requirment of Nuclear Power Plant is less than Thermal Power Plant. So it reduces transportation cost of fuel and space required for fuel storage.
2) Nuclear reactor needs little fuel, once reactor is charged there is no need of fuel for 3 to 6 years.
3)Space required: Nucler power plant require less area as compared to Thermal Power Plant and HydroPower Plant of the same capacity.
4)Availability of fuel : Large amount of nuclear fuel is availabe in nature than coal .
5) Nuclear fuels do not produce carbon dioxide or sulfur dioxide from flue gases so it produces less air pollution than thermal power plant.
6) Quantity of waste produced: Quantity of waste produced is very small as compre to Thermal Power Plant.
7) Generating capacity: Nuclear Power Plant can be built of large generating capacity and is very economical for producing of bulk amount of electrical power.
8) Nuclear energy is outstanding and reliable as compare to any other type of energy sources.
9) Load centre: Nuclear Power Plant can be located near load center. As it is located near load centre it reduces transmission cost and transmission losses.
10) Nuclear power plant are not affected by adverse weather conditions.
11) Cost of fuel : In Nuclear Power Plant cost of fuel per units comes to 4-20% of total cost per unit.
12) Saves fossils fuel: By use of nuclear fuel.,it saves the other fossile fuels like-coal, gas, oil, etc.