Following points should be considered while selecting Power Plant location:-
1) Availability of water: Water is as good as a secondary fuel, so ample amount of water should be available near Power Plant so power plant should be located near sea shore, ocean, river etc.
2) Distance from populated area: From the safety point of views, power plant should be located away from populated area.
3) Easy Access: There should be easy acces towards site of power plant for transportation of machinery,equipments, fuel and man power etc.
4) Condition of land soil:- Soil should have high bearing capacity .For better foundation of machinery, equipment and building.
5) Availability of land :- Sufficient land should be available for short storage of radioactive waste, for staff quarters and for future expansion of Power Plant.
6) Cost of land: Cost of land should be less, to reduce capital cost of power plant.
7) Plant should be constructed on plain land.
8) Distance from load center : Power Plant should be located near load centre to reduce transmission cost & transmission Losses.
9) Distance from airport:- As height of chimney is very high, it should be located away from airport.
10) Area free from earthquake: Area should be free from earthquake and natural hazards.