Advantages of Ultrasonic Method of Level Measurements:
1) Ultrasonic gauge needs to physical contact with the liquid.
2) It is a non-disturbance technique.
3) Used for both solid and liquid level measurement.
4) They have no moving parts.
Applications of Ultrasonic Method of Level Measurements:
1) Ultrasonic level measuring device is used for both continuous and point measurement.
2) The point measuring ultrasonic detectors are used for measurement of gas/liquid, liquid/liquid or gas/solid interface.
3) It is used for level measurement of hazardous liquids and solids.