Welcome to electrical and electronics engineering Q&A site...

Welcome to electrical and electronics engineering discussion website, Please login or register to continue.

Join our WhatsApp group

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel

9 views
in Energy Conservation And Audit by
State the need of cogeneration in present scenario.

Amazon Shopping

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Need for co-generation in present scenario: 1. In conventional power plant efficiency is only 35% & remaining 65% of energy is lost. 2. The conventional system uses energy of fuel to produce Electrical energy or Thermal energy. Where as co-generation system produces both electrical energy & thermal energy from same flues. 3. The overall efficiency of energy use in co-generation can be up to 85% and above. 4. Lower volumes of CO2 emissions compared to the conventional system where separate production of electricity & heat. 5. In co-generation system, heat generated is by-product in electricity generating process. This heat can be used for other processes. Due to this energy cost are lowered. 6. Limited need of cooling water in co-generation system therefore reduces thermal pollution.

OR 

Need for co-generation in present scenario: 1. Reduces energy demand. 2. Reduces rise in energy cost. 3. Provides economical solution to energy shortages. 4. Increases financial capital. 5. Increases environmental value. 

Amazon Shopping

Welcome to Q&A site for electrical and electronics engineering discussion for diploma, B.E./B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech, & PhD study.
If you have a new question please ask in English.
If you want to help this community answer these questions.

Categories

Most popular tags

power motor dc circuit transformer voltage current used system phase factor resistance load synchronous energy ac induction generator electric series frequency capacitor use speed between electrical meter line type mosfet control transmission difference magnetic plant high single instrument bjt source advantages function diode machine unit winding torque amplifier define supply thyristor motors arduino field shunt maximum relay armature problem electricity time parallel on transformers types coil diagram state flow value material three starting and direction theorem method emf operating digital microprocessor test instruments efficiency ratio loss measure operation connected low applications wave effect single-phase working losses different network wattmeter temperature measuring constant signal controlled breaker device full compare drive wire resistivity logic materials machines inductance switch flux disadvantages converter transistor gain protection scr angle force core measurement number free principle rc generators law negative bridge friction open pole conductor conservation steam iron loop resistors hysteresis short computer using lines secondary station battery rectifier inverter linear relays nuclear regulation circuits design analog work rotor electronics gate forces diesel damping rlc connection factors capacitors minimum insulation basic moving running reactance systems air fault range direct main stability quality starter igbt eddy ideal ammeter rl 3-phase plants arc induced thermal error fuzzy biasing dielectric pressure balanced superposition errors rotation characteristics feedback measured electronic start alternator off back curve over solar three-phase tariff locomotive peak bias zener capacitance commutator surge rating universal potentiometer permanent mechanical copper self transducer capacity electrons memory adc excitation inductive transfer explain fuse pure harmonics application inductor internal pmmc average reaction welding resonance traction breakers designed electromagnetic si generation brushes density switching shaded rate impedance distribution methods star oscillator reluctance semiconductor simplification algebra 8085 boolean weston dynamometer insulating strength installation permeability definition fuel heating earth units neutral rms rated engineering conductors coefficient controller usually reverse excited analysis change body components
...