Preventive maintenance procedure of Keyboard:
* Handle the keyboard gently and carefully.
* Press the keys gently without applying force and do not rest hands on the keyboards.
* Do not spill liquid on the keyboard.
* Do not play with the keyboard after powering off the system.
* Make sure that the keyboard cable is not subjected to high stress at the keyboard end. This will lead to break in signal wire inside keyboard cable.
* Periodically clean interior the keyboard with a miniature vacuum cleaner or turn it upside down to blow out the accumulated dirt.
* For cleaning conducting parts of keyboard, use denatured alcohol along with lint free material.
* Use special dust protection cover for covering the keyboard when not in use.
Preventive maintenance of Hard Disk
* Take periodic backup of data and critical areas such as boot sectors, FAT and directory structure on the disk.
* Defragment the disk to maintain the disk efficiency and speed.
* Delete all the temporary files, temporary internet files etc.
* Take backup and format the HDD at least once a year and reinstall all the software to maintain disk efficiency and speed.